Women for Riley
Women for Riley are ambassadors for Riley Children’s Health in the community.
This vibrant group of women is committed to making a difference in the lives of Riley Children’s patients and families by raising awareness of the hospital in Indiana and beyond, increasing philanthropic support of its programs and services, and having fun along the way.
Volunteering to help Riley kids and team members
Women for Riley members can also become trained Riley volunteers and participate in different activities each month at the hospital.
Volunteers support patients and families by assisting with the Kiwanis Parent Comfort Cart throughout the year. With nearly 200 volunteer hours logged among 25 volunteers, Women for Riley members were able to make a direct and personal impact within the hospital this past year.
As pandemic safety measures allow, Women for Riley volunteer opportunities in the hospital are expected to expand.
Making an impact through grants
Women for Riley members support a compelling grants program that advances its mission and impacts individual patients, their families and the hospital as a whole.
Grants submitted by Riley personnel are reviewed in February when the grants committee members vote to approve grants in amounts up to $10,000.
To date, Women for Riley has awarded more than $1.6 million in grants.
The 2022-2023 grants that were approved include:
- Space For Belonging - items for children entering foster care
- Improving Patient and Family Education - Trach mannequins / CPR dolls
- Nurturing Plant Growth to Improve Mental Health in Patients with Eating Disorders
- Enclothed Cognition Clothing Group - mannequins at the Charis Center
- Adaptive Equipment - 3D printer parts for wheelchairs
- Therapy Garment Loaning Library
- Cystic Fibrosis Home Monitoring System
- Riley Portion Plates
- Healing Hands Massage Therapy
- Inpatient Pediatric Rehab School Reintegration
- Art Therapy
- Maternity Tower Blood Pressure Cuffs
- Child Passenger Safety Program - Signature
- Emergency Department Trauma Closet - clothes for the ED-Signature
- The Cleft and Craniofacial Special Needs Fund - Signature
- Certified Child Life Specialist - Signature
- Riley Bereavement Services - Signature
Bringing the fun with Riley Prom
In April 2023, Women for Riley transported the imaginations of Riley patients and families around the world through its annual Prom event.
The theme was "Passport to Adventure" and attendees enjoyed an immersive event experience that celebrated all seven continents with special decor, games, swag, entertainment, memorable photos, food and dancing for the whole family.
In addition to an in-person event experience, Women for Riley created and delivered 125 special interactive gift boxes to those in-patients for treatment and 125 themed gift bags to NICU parents at Riley Children's Health downtown and IU Health North campuses.
To add excitement and an educational component, the group debuted a custom-produced and world travel-themed TV show that aired on CCTV.
2023 Passport to Adventure Photo Gallery
Meet the Women for Riley Leadership
Shelbi Grow & Michelle Baxter
Social Media Co-Chairs
Megan Mioduski & Christina Humphery
Social Events Co-Chairs
Kate Henderson & Mallory Lauth
Laurie Schneider & Juli Hollingsworth
Aleigha Clifford & Mallory Lauth
Claire Becker & Megan Gripe
Riley Children’s Foundation Staff Liaison
- 2008-09 - Wendy Kaufman
- 2009-10 - Tracy Miller
- 2010-11 - Tracy Hugenard & Julie Eskenazi
- 2011-12 - Julie Eskenazi
- 2012-13 - Jill Burnett
- 2013-14 - Lee Neff
- 2014-15 - Julia McCallum & Heather McLaughlin
- 2015-16 - Barbara McLaughlin
- 2016-17 - Dara Wade
- 2017-18 - Kristy Murphy
- 2018-19 - Lindsay Thornton
- 2019-20 - Kasee Carlstedt
- 2020-21 - Amy Kraner
- 2021-22 - Alison Zink
- 2022-23 - Laurie Schneider