Providing creative therapies for the entire family
Using a combination of counseling and creative arts, these teams address emotional and mental health needs for both kids and family members during hospitalization.
Creative Arts Therapy
Through donor funding, we work to enhance and sustain Riley creative arts therapy programs.
Creative arts are a natural form of expression for all ages. Highly trained creative arts therapists work with the child’s care team providing mental health counseling through expressive experiences, promoting emotional health and physical healing.
By exploring their natural capacity for the creative arts, kids can enhance their own mental, physical, and emotional wellness. Therapists use the creative process to:
- Process physical and emotional healing
- Express feelings about illness, medical treatment, or traumatic experiences
- Provide a sense of control and mastery
- Provide grief and bereavement counseling
- Reduce anxiety and depression while building resiliency
- Foster self-awareness and increase self-esteem
- Increase positive coping and problem-solving skills
- Enhance the overall quality of life