Helping advocate and empower families
Dedicated social workers help Riley families cope with the wide variety of challenges that arise during a child’s hospitalization, easing their burdens so they can focus on their child’s health.
With support from our donors, we enhance and sustain social work at Riley Children’s Health.
Licensed, master’s level-trained social workers assist families in a variety of ways during their child’s hospitalization, including through an assessment regarding a family’s specific needs.
The social work team’s goal is to provide support, intervention and resources to strengthen the family during a child’s illness and recovery.
Some of the services Riley social workers provide include:
- Psychosocial assessment
- Crisis intervention
- Therapeutic support
- Coordination of financial resources
- Referrals to community/state resources
- Assessment for substance abuse
- Resources for family violence and abuse
- Transition planning and problem solving
- Advocacy for patient and individual needs
- Education and navigation through the medical system
Any family can request a visit from a social worker at any time during their hospital stay.